Frontline Experience Overview
NEXT is the short-term, cross-cultural missions program of Frontline Missions International. These field opportunities range from two months to two years and are designed to provide a realistic “next step” for those exploring long-term Gospel ministry in restricted-access countries. Because of the demands of the ministry and the sensitive nature of Gospel work in these settings, there are a limited number of positions, and the evaluation process is serious.
Experienced field personnel will mentor and guide participants to a greater self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses. Immersion in practical missionary experiences is important to replace romanticism with the realism involved in working in an environment often hostile to the Gospel. NEXT will nurture Gospel-centered humility, a deep respect for indigenous brothers and sisters, and encourage bold, Spirit-enabled audacity in the Kingdom’s advance.
2015 Opportunities: Applications due by February 1, 2015
NEXT: Africa is a 2-month field experience in North Africa and Ethiopia
- March 30, 2015 – 50% of costs due to FMI office
- May 1, 2015 – balance of costs due to FMI office
- June 10, 2015 – arrive in Greenville, South Carolina
- June 11-12, 2015 – Team Training
- June 13 – August 9, 2015 – Field Experience in Africa
- August 10, 2015 – Team Debrief in Greenville, South Carolina
- Cost: $5000 (includes airfare, ground transportation, food, lodging in SC and Africa, and field activities; expenses for travel to/from Greenville, passport, immunizations, and personal items are not included)
NEXT: China is a 2-year field experience, beginning August 2015.
- 4-year Bachelors degree and TESOL certification required prior to departure
- Cost: Teachers should plan to spend $3,500-$4,000 per person (includes one-way airfare and all travel expenses to China, visa application expenses, medical check-up/health examination required by universities, insurance coverage for medical/emergency evacuation, passport and background check expenses, immunizations, deposit for apartment in China, and first month living expenses for setting up apartment, cell phone, internet). Once regular paychecks start (usually 4-6 weeks after arrival), salaries should cover all normal expenses.
Who Can Participate?
- Active in a local church
- Agree with FMI’s Statement of Faith
- At least two years of higher education (some NEXT programs may require a 4-year degree and/or other requirements.)
- 20-35 years old
- Good health
- Previous attendance at Frontline Experience (FX) conference (preferred, see below)
For a FAQ sheet or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-451-5550 (please specify which NEXT program you are interested in). Applications for all 2015 programs are due by February 1, 2015.
FX CONFERENCES OVERVIEW
Over 2 billion people have no access to the Gospel, and most of them can’t be reached by those with “missionary” stamped in their visa. Frontline Missions International has developed a training and orientation program that will 1) begin to prepare men and women who are considering serving Christ in restricted-access countries and 2) serve local churches that are serious about addressing the Unfinished Task of taking the Gospel to people who have yet to hear.
The Frontline Experience (FX) conferences help answer some key questions: How will they be reached? Why should I go? How do I get there?
Sessions are taught by experienced pioneer missionaries, authors, educators, and advocates with specialties in areas such as culture, linguistics, and cross-cultural engagement.
Save the Date: Our 2015 FX Conference will be held from September 25-27 at the Wilds in Brevard, North Carolina. More details and registration coming soon.
Cultural Engagement • Globalism • Pioneering Strategies • Radicalism • Theology of Persecution • Missions Paradigm in the 21st Century • Creative Access • Missions Philosophy • TESOL • Contextualization • What’s NEXT?
Who Can Attend?
- Those who are 18 years of age or above and have a heart for missions in restricted-access settings
- Pastors, deacons, missions committee members, and those who are interested in supporting Gospel work in the 10/40 window region
- High school seniors who are under 18 but serious about missions, if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also a paid attendee
- Married couples are welcome, but we are unable to accommodate children.
FEEDBACK FROM PAST FX CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS:
“The conference far exceeded my expectations, and God did a good work of conviction and of thought provoking in my mind and heart. I came back Sunday morning and let our church people know all about it as I rehearsed what I learned and what happened. My only regret is that more from my church weren’t there.” ~Pastor Brad
“Just wanted to thank you all for a great conference. I was encouraged and challenged in many ways.” ~Andrew
“The FX conference was fabulous for me and our church missions committee. The entire way home we reviewed what was presented and how this could be implemented in our missions program. All the speakers communicated with emotion their fields of interest and all of us commented on the attitude of humility that pervaded their presentations.” ~Pastor Don
“I appreciated the honesty from different speakers about the hardships ahead. I was sobered by my inadequacy but came away more confident in God’s ability to accomplish what He has promised.” ~Jessica
Frontline Missions International, Attn: FX / NEXT
PO Box 829, Taylors, SC 29687
FRONTLINE MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
The FX program is a ministry of Frontline Missions International (FMI). For over 20 years FMI has worked among people in areas of war, persecution, and poverty, primarily in restricted-access countries, seeking to strengthen the Church, give voice to persecuted Christians, and preach and publish the Good News (www.frontlinemissions.info).