NEXT is the short-term, cross-cultural missions program of Frontline Missions International. These field opportunities range from two months to two years and are designed to provide a realistic “next step” for those exploring long-term Gospel ministry in restricted-access countries. Because of the demands of the ministry and the sensitive nature of Gospel work in these settings, there are a limited number of positions, and the evaluation process is serious.
Experienced field personnel will mentor and guide participants to a greater self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses. Immersion in practical missionary experiences is important to replace romanticism with the realism involved in working in an environment often hostile to the Gospel. NEXT will nurture Gospel-centered humility, a deep respect for indigenous brothers and sisters, and encourage bold, Spirit-enabled audacity in the Kingdom’s advance.
- NEXT: Africa is a 2-month field experience in North Africa and Ethiopia, taking place between mid-June and mid-August 2015.
- NEXT: China is a 2-year field experience, beginning August 2015.
Who Can Participate?
- Active in a local church
- Agree with FMI’s Statement of Faith
- At least two years of higher education (some NEXT programs may require a 4-year degree and/or other requirements.)
- 20-35 years old
- Good health
- Previous attendance at Frontline Experience (FX) conference (preferred, see below)
The cost for NEXT varies from program to program, but costs will generally be between $3500 and $5000. This will include airfare, ground transportation, food, lodging, and all field activities. Expenses for passport, immunizations, as well as money for personal items are not included in this amount.
For a FAQ sheet or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-451-5550 (please specify which NEXT program you are interested in). Applications for all 2015 programs are due by February 1, 2015.